Monday, June 8, 2015

Modest Basics from my Wardrobe

Every wardrobe is in need of a few basic items.  They vary by person, but they are things that often wear a lot and have multiple of, maybe in different colors.
My closet essentials consist of:
  • Blazers- They can dress up any outfit and add class.  I have a floral blazer that is great for spring that I got from Maurices.

  •  Cardigans- It is smart to have at least one or two. They can add modesty to a sleeveless top and keep your arms warm. My favorite cardigan is an indigo shade with gold trim and matching buttons from Banana Republic. I also have a floral cropped cardigan that is great for summer.


  • Denim skirt- A denim midi or maxi skirt is a basic piece in any modest closet.  They are casual and go with most tops and shoes.  My favorite is a broomstick style skirt in medium wash from Gap.
 


  • Jersey skirt- This is a personal essential and I find it very versatile. My jersey skirt is a grey midi from Old Navy.

  •  Leggings- for layering. I have a patterned pair, a grey pair, two pairs of capri-length leggings and over time, I have amassed a couple pairs of regular black leggings. Most of my leggings are from Kohl's.

  • Maxi skirts and dresses- These have become popular and are in available in many different colors, patterns and styles.  Though it is common to see maxi skirts and dresses in stores, sometimes it can be hard to find modest, pieces that are not see-through and still affordable.
  •  Pencil skirts- Even if you don't work in an office or professional setting, this is still considered an essential item. I have a few and they are very versatile.


  • Tank tops - also for layering.  I wear a basic spaghetti strap tank top under a lot shirts. I have gotten them from Forever 21, where they have them for a $1.80.  I would rather buy a new one every year or two than buy one for upwards of $15 that would probably last about the same time. I also have tank tops with the regular wide strap. My favorite is in a pretty blue.
  • T-shirts- I have them with both short and long sleeves.  shirts in black and white are essential, but I also have them in other colors and with patterns. I personally seem to have a lot of striped t-shirts.  Over Memorial Day weekend, I was able to get a long sleeved white t-shirt from J. Crew at a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment